Keeping it Clean
Safe, clean air service is a part of the Gem Air mission statement. As we respond to the COVID-19 concerns, we remain committed to those elements of our service.
Our aircraft are cleaned regularly. With concern regarding the spread of COVID-19, we are implementing increased rigor in our cleaning policies.
- Interior surfaces of aircraft subject to frequent human touch (examples: door handles, seat backs, seat belt buckles) will be wiped down with disinfectant between each passenger flight.
- Offices, always kept clean, will undergo additional cleaning with disinfectant after each passenger group has moved through.
- Handwashing, always available at each of our offices, will be encouraged by our employees.
Until further notice, passengers will be asked to wear masks while in the aircraft. If you have your own mask, please bring it for your flight – we will have a limited supply of disposable procedural masks available. Pilots will also wear masks.
We do reserve the right not to offer transportation to anyone who has been in direct contact with people infected with COVID-19, or those displaying symptoms of contagion.
If You Need to Cancel
Most cancellations will be treated according to the policies included with your ticket type, and which are sent with your email confirmation. However, if someone needs to cancel because:
- Their trip or event has been cancelled by the organizer due to COVID-19, or
- Their connecting flight was cancelled by the airline due to COVID-19, or
- They have been in contact with persons who have COVID-19, or they have symptoms themselves
We will refund up to 90% of their total payment, as long as cancellation takes place more than 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure time.
General Best Practices
All of our employees have been reminded of best practices advised by the World Health Organization (WHO), and we are keeping tabs on updates from the WHO and Center for Disease Control in regards to COVID-19.
We encourage each of our passengers to also check those best practices, and to take an active and conscious part in preserving their own health. Wash your hands regularly, and consider using antibacterial wipes and/or hand santizer while traveling.